We love the summertime. The warm air and relaxed attitude seems to make each day more pleasant. But mostly we love the summer because of the wonderful activities available and events planned all across Delaware. Here are some of the upcoming activities and events we found online that look like a lot of fun!
- Delaware State Fair- July 23rd through August 1st- at Harrington Raceway & Casino. Deep-fried treats, music, rodeos, and demolition derbies – you name it and you can probably find it at the Delaware State Fair!
- Rehoboth Beach Sandcastle Contest- August 1st – at Fisherman’s Beach at Rehoboth. Demonstrations will be held the day before, and you can participate in building a community sandcastle as well! Open to children and adults of all ages. Come see the beautiful creations by Delaware’s top sandcastle creators.
- Delaware Junction Festival– August 14th, 15th, 16th– at Harrington Raceway & Casino. This three-day country music and camping festival are an experience you don’t want to miss. Not only is the artist lineup amazing, but there will also be water slides, a Vertigo swing, Malibu beach house and many more attractions to suit your fancy.
- If walking and hiking are your ideas of a good time, check out one of Delaware’s many beautiful trails. Bellevue State Park, Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge, Brandywine Creek State Park, Cape Henlopen State Park, Edward H. McCabe Preserve and Greenway Trail are among the best places to get your taste of nature this summer.
- Of course, you will need to eat this summer! Delaware has many great restaurants to choose from along its culinary trail. Check out http://www.visitdelaware.com/culinary/ for a complete listing.
What are some of your favorite summer activities in Delaware? We would love to add your ideas to our list. Just comment below. We hope to see you out and about this summer in Delaware!